Now you know how much leverage the GOP front-runner Donald Trump has going forward.
Trump and Gov. John Kasich decided earlier that they were not going to participate in the FOXNews debate to be held in Utah. That left only Sen. Ted Cruz has the only participant who had not cancelled.
Cruz had complained last night doing his election speech how much the media was giving airtime to Donald Trump and not everyone else. This would have been a great way for Cruz to get airtime in prime time, the FOXNews decided to cancel the entire event.
What does that have to say about the draw of Cruz?
From Fox 13Now:
The decision to cancel the debate followed Donald Trump’s announcement on “FOX & Friends” that he would not be appearing. Instead, he said he would be appearing at a pro-Israel group’s event on Monday night. Trump dropping out led John Kasich to indicate he would not be appearing at Monday’s debate.
“We had hoped to contrast Governor Kasich’s positive inclusive approach to problem solving with Trump’s campaign of division,” said Kasich chief strategist John Weaver in an emailed statement to FOX 13. “If he changes his mind, we will be there.”
Following phone conferences between FOX News Channel and the Republican National Committee, the event was canceled, representatives for the Salt Palace confirmed. Utah Republican Party officials told FOX 13 it was Kasich’s decision to back out of Monday’s debate that killed it. Ted Cruz would have been the only candidate on stage.
“We’re sorry it’s not happening,” said Bruce Hough, the Republican National Committeeman for Utah.
Honestly, I think this is funny, but I also think it is sad because FOXNews won’t even give Cruz two hours in a town hall setting.
What do you think FOXNews decision to cancel the GOP debate and not turn it into a Townhall with candidate Cruz? Share your opinions in the comments section below and add to store to your Facebook or Twitter timeline.
h/t – Fox 13Now