Democratic bloggers who just took a video from a Tea Party Patriot CPAC session and decided to write about it have decided to make noise for “I told you so” race-baiting Barack Obama supported news bloggers. A guy from North Carolina, 30-year old Scott Terry showed up to the Tea Party Patriots session led by Frederick Douglas Republican K Carl Smith on Friday afternoon. You can easily tell that he was there for a purpose.
Scott Terry asked whether Republicans could endorse races remaining separate but equal. After the presenter, K. Carl Smith of Frederick Douglass Republicans, answered by referencing a letter by Frederick Douglass forgiving his former master, the audience member said “For what? For feeding him and housing him?”
If you read some bloggers who have written a story about this already, they have said that several people in the audience “cheered and applauded Terry’s outburst” which is 100% inaccurate.
If you watch the video, the crowd was shocked and sounded amazed. The one person that did clap knew that K Carl was about to lay into this young man with some facts that would have shut him down.
Here are a few reasons why I think the guy was a plant:
- He wasn’t really sure of whether or not he should ask the question based on body language
- He wanted to keep the conversation going when K Carl was trying to answer him
- He then says something out of line to draw a response from K Carl Smith
- He turns and smiles as if he knows that he got what he wanted.
- He tries to start talking to the crowd to now take over the conversation from K Carl Smith
This is nothing more than a mockery, sham…a bad spring created pilot for MSNBC that won’t pass the mustard. I saw Scott Terry later that evening and he was still in the same shirt, pants and looking like he wanted trouble.[fbcomments]