Do Nothing Democrats – Over 15 Jobs Bills Stalled In Democratic Senate
While the president plays politics, House Republicans have been working and approving legislation to promote economic growth and job creation. The House has approved more than 15 bills that, if enacted, would immediately help to grow the economy without more failed stimulus spending. These bills are currently stalled in the Democrat-controlled Senate and the president has not encouraged the Senate to act.
The following is a summary of the “forgotten 15” and other stalled legislation listed on the Majority Leader’s Job Tracker website.
The “Forgotten Fifteen”
1) H.R. 872—Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act
2) H.R. 910—Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011
3) H.J.Res. 37—Disapproving the rule submitted by the Federal Communications Commission with respect to regulating the Internet and broadband industry practices
4) H.R. 1230—Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act
5) H.R. 1229—Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act
6) H.R. 1231—Reversing President Obama’s Offshore Moratorium Act
7) H.R. 2021—The Jobs and Energy Permitting Act of 2011
8) H.R. 2018—Clean Water Cooperative Federalism Act of 2011
9) H.R. 1315—Consumer Financial Protection & Soundness Improvement Act
10) H.R. 1938— North American-Made Energy Security Act
11) H.R. 2587—Protecting Jobs From Government Interference Act
12) H.R. 2401—Transparency In Regulatory Analysis Of Impacts On The Nation
13) H.R. 2681—Cement Sector Regulatory Relief Act
14) H.R. 2250—EPA Regulatory Relief Act
15) H.R. 2273—Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act
16) H.R. 2433—Veterans Opportunity to Work Act
17) H.R. 674—To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the imposition of 3 percent withholding on certain payments made to vendors by government entities
18) H.Con.Res. 34—Budget for Fiscal Year 2012
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.