The campaign released an outline of Obama’s second term promises that he will make in his acceptance speech, many of them catering to the working class swing voters who are still struggling, even as the Great Recession is three years in the rear-view mirror.
President Obama’s Goals for America
Tonight President Obama will ask the country to rally around a set of goals on manufacturing, energy, education, national security, and the deficit – a real, achievable plan that will create jobs, expand opportunity, and ensure an economy built to last.
- Create one million new manufacturing jobs by the end of 2016
- NOTE: Obama says he created 4M jobs in less than 4 years, why will it take 4 years to create 1M new manufacturing jobs?
- Double exports by the end of 2014
- NOTE: This is not creating jobs and has a low expectation giving himself two years to fix this problem
- Cut net oil imports in half by 2020
- NOTE: Again pushing this out until after he gets out of office means you can’t measure this for success for the next four years
- Support 600,000 natural gas jobs by the end of the decade
- NOTE: Can’t be measured >> By the end of the Decade??? We need jobs NOW!!!
- Cut the growth of college tuition in half over the next 10 years
- NOTE: How will colleges get paid? Will colleges be forced to reduce their tuition and if not who’s paying and where does money come from?
- Recruit 100,000 math and science teachers over the next 10 years
- Recruit 10,000 math and science teachers per year for next 10 years – Amazing that he will get applause
- Train two million workers for real jobs at community colleges
- Train them and then give them unemployment. This is not fixing the problem. Where are the jobs??
- Invest in the economy with the money we’re no longer spending on war
- Invest the money where? Money is already designated for education and infrastructure so where does this money go?? Empty Promise for invisible goal
- Reduce the deficit by more than $4 trillion over the next decade
- You heard this the first term and he didn’t deliver…don’t give him a second chance or this country is going nowhere!