Barack Obama, over the past 3-4 years has talked big about not needing Congress. Now that it’s become clear that Obama can’t build even the smallest of coalitions for this, he magically decided he needed to go to Congress (which he knows will not support the strikes) in order to provide cover while he backs out of his tough talking stance on Syria. Gotta love a president who’s obviously more concerned about politics than foreign policy.
Let’s look at some hardcore facts.
- Obama couldn’t scrounge any international support for his stance.
- He looks incredibly weak after his earlier bluster and tough talk. However it would be even worse for Democrats if they decided to strike. America would have to go it almost alone.
- The act would strain relations with Russia and China.
- The strikes would either be really mild, emboldening the Assad regime for “beating back the might of the US”, or they would have to actually have some bite to them which would lead to accusations of Obama getting us mired in yet another Middle Eastern war with no clear goals.
- Democrats have been in a lose lose situation since Obama posited his “line in the sand” stance. They are simply picking the option where they lose least.
Download video: MP4 format
I wouldn’t be surprised if the new strategy will be to funnel weapons to Al Qaeda… I mean the “rebels,” which will inevitably end up turned against our own forces and killing our own men and women. There is just no winning in this conflict. It’s not like AQ will suddenly drop it’s Jihad against the US because we threw some Stinger missiles at them. Whoever inevitably comes out on top, they will eventually become an adversary or full on enemy of America.
Democrats thought they were getting a Commander-in-Chief and all they got was a Chump holding his rump! Yeah cry if you want to, I said it.