This lie comes up about the parties switching philosophies because the Democrats reach and reach again when trying to correlate or give a reason that is false and not even thought through. They usually say – the racist Dixiecrats left the Democratic party for the Republican Party, but they can never give more than one name – Strom Thurman! This is the crux of the entire reason why black leaders today say that the Republicans are the party of lynchings and killing blacks when they are 100% wrong. They hang on this lie and continue to shove it to minority voters every election. Check out this video and then view the list of the Dixiecrats in the US Senate during the 1964 Civil Rights and 1965 Voting Rights Act. These Dixiecrats/Democrats in the Senate voted NO!!![youtubegallery]
Dixiecrat – Senators
- (D)VA Harry F. Byrd, 1933-1965
- (D)VA A. Willis Robertson, 1946-1966
- (D)WV Robert C. Byrd, 1959-Present
- (D)MS John C. Stennis, 1947-1989
- (D)MS James O. Eastland, 1941-1941,1943-1978
- (D)LA Allen J. Ellender, 1937-1972
- (D)LA Russell B. Long, 1948-1987
- (D)NC Sam Ervin, 1954-1974
- (D)NC Everett Jordan, 1958-1973
- (R)NC Jesse Helms, 1973-2003
- (D)OK Thomas Pryor Gore, 1906-1921,1931-1937
- (D)AL J. Lister Hill, 1938-1969
- (D)AL John J. Sparkman, 1946-1979
- (D)FL Spessard Holland, 1946-1971
- (D)FL George Smathers, 1951-1969
- (D)SC Olin D. Johnston, 1945-1965
- (D,R)SC Strom Thurmond, 1954-1956,1956-2003
- (D)AR John McClellan, 1943-1977
- (D)GA Richard B. Russell, Jr., 1933-1971
- (D)GA Herman E. Talmadge, 1957-1981
- (D)TN Herbert S. Walters, 1963-1964
Dixiecrat – State governors
- Benjamin Travis Laney, Arkansas Governor
- Fielding Wright, Mississippi Governor
- Frank M. Dixon, Former Alabama Governor
- William H. Murray, Former Oklahoma Governor
- Mills E. Godwin Jr. governor of Virginia
Only one switched parties – Strom Thurman AFTER the 1964 Civil Rights Act and 1965 Voting Rights Act were passed. Ask yourself why would Strom Thurmond move to a party that pushed for civil and votings rights if he was so much of a hard line racist? Can you tell me why then do the Democratic/Liberal voters/historians never point to this. For convenience, they look over this with dark blinders on and it’s nauseating.
If you read this post, share your comments below or share this story with your friends and family. You are our voice and we depend on you to help us get the word out.
Typical stupid democrats instilling fear of lynchings when they are the party that fought agaisnt freeing slaves. This is how democrats have kept blacks on their plantation since Kennedy's time. A promise by democrats to get them civil rights that they then just ignored. Democrats always promise blacks the world & notice they get nothing in return but pain. It happened again with Obama, blacks have nothing to show for supporting him 99%. What a waste! The only thing that will help blacks is economic opportunity & freedom not Obama's empty lame promises. Stupid white liberals keep the blacks on the plantation.
Yes, it was the strategy used by the Democrat Presidential candidate George Wallace to try to win the 1968 election.